I checked in online yesterday, so check in was a breeze, and just before seven, we were all aboard a packed plane heading for Minneapolis. I had as seatmates two gentlemen who flew planes for the National Guard, and they were entertaining. We touched down early in the Twin Cities, early enough to grab a slice of pizza before our next connection to Baltimore. While we were sitting at the gate I exchanged a few pleasantries with a woman about my age, then happened to read her boarding pass, which bore the same surname as the president of Ag Foresty. When I inquired, I learned that she was his sister-in-law! She had ascertained we were all from Washington, but was tickled to find out we were all Ag-Foresters. Who'd have thunk? I told her to let Dave know that we were all behaving.
I had a very nice seat-mate indeed, a young woman who lives in a remote part of Idaho, so we talked about my natal state, rural medicine and education for the whole flight. We landed about 5 PM in Baltimore and collected all our bags, then caught a shuttle express to our hotel in DuPont circle.
The Carlyle Suites are very cool, an Art Deco hotel within easy walking distance of several shops and restaurants. We found a Korean restaurant after throwing our things in our rooms, and had some great meals.
Finally, the Seattle contingent arrived, and we all got our allowance and agendas from Ellen, who gave us a neighbourhood walking tour. After scoping out the location of the metro, most went off to a Chinese restaurant and Stephanie and I gathered some supplies at the local Safeway.
Tomorrow is our free day, so we hope to make the most of it and see as much as we can.
No comments:
Post a Comment