Friday, September 7, 2007

Start Me Up

This evening my notebook came from the Ag-Forestry Foundation, which, even more than the initial acceptance letter, makes my acceptance into the program more real—more tangible.

My husband, Mark (Class XXV) is, if anything, even more excited than I am about my acceptance, and I certainly have seen what the leadership program has done for him, for his classmates, and many people I know around north central Washington.

In a few weeks I will go down to Pullman and meet my classmates. I've sent an e-mail to the five candidates from my area suggesting a casual get-together beforehand, and have gotten a couple of responses. I am the only one in my class not directly tied to agriculture, forestry, fisheries or viticulture, however, few people who live and work in Chelan county are untouched by the ag industry, and I feel that this will be an essential addition to my store of knowledge.

At this stage, it all lies ahead: the speeches, the policy development, the travel and the attendant stresses of functioning at a higher level.

I can't wait. I just can't wait.

No comments: