Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tick, Tick, Tick

Counting down the hours until we leave for Pullman. I've got my bag packed and about all I'll have to do tomorrow morning is throw my clothes on and go. I've talked a couple of classmates into carpooling down, which will more than alleviate the boredom of the drive between here and Pullman.

I haven't had much time during the past two weeks to think about the first session: in the Amazingly Good Timing Department, our son came home from Iraq for two weeks and departed last Saturday morning. We didn't do a great deal while he was here, besides feed him and love him. He wanted to be a home-body, and after nine solid months of work the likes of which none of us have to face, he had more than earned it.

And now my own adventure begins. There will be long days and probably some longer nights during the next two years, but I am sure we will all rise to the challenge.

No comments: