Sunday, January 6, 2008

A New Ag Forestry Year

After quiet Winter silence in December, I and my classmates are gearing up for another session—in fact, two sessions this month. Next week we congregate at Pacific Lutheran University for the Social Issues seminar. I remember this well from Mark's year, for it was the first time I met his fellow classmates.

Unfortunately, there's no rest for the busy, and he cannot join me as a spousal unit for this session, though he has already met my classmates at the Wenatchee seminar. As I recall, the facilities and food at PLU were quite good, so we have that to anticipate. Ginny offered up her spare room (a thing we've done here at Chez Urdahl) so I'll drive over Tuesday to ensure that I make the journey in one piece. Nor rain, nor hail, nor snow, nor sleet, nor dark of night shall deter Ag Forestry!

Once again, it appears that timing of this and personal events coincides. Our son will leave Iraq in a couple of weeks and comes home to Wenatchee in February, right after our Olympia session and right before I leave for Washington DC.

No comments: